McInnes Wilson Lawyers is an award-winning national law firm in the Australian legal industry. Established in 1975, the firm has grown to a practice of 50 principals and over 300 staff situated in seven office locations including Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, Maroochydore and Southport.
The firm’s vision is to be a leading full service legal and advisory company and employer of choice, with international affiliations and a commitment to quality client service, value, and responsiveness. We are a full-service law firm with a wealth of experience in a broad range of specialised legal services representing local, national, and international clients.
McInnes Wilson Lawyers prides itself on providing technically excellent, tailored legal services, and delivering value to our clients through a diverse and well experienced workforce.
McInnes Wilson Lawyers has created a culture and work environment in which its employees are stimulated to reach their full potential both at work and in their personal life. The firm encourages every employee to proactively be part of a learning organisation and is committed to enhance its peoples’ capabilities through the facilitation of various development programs and initiatives to include:
• ‘Reach Your Peak’ Leadership Development Program provides senior leaders with the skills and knowledge to be able to engage, inspire, motivate, communicate, and empower employees to achieve their best.
• Mentoring Program provides participants with an ongoing source of career guidance and professional support that encourages both personal and professional growth from senior leaders.
• Supervised Workplace Traineeship provides law graduates an in-house 12-month traineeship designed in line with legislated admission requirements.
• Continuing Legal Education (CLEs) provides fortnightly sessions to assist practitioners to remain up to date with legislative changes and industry standards.
• Legal Services Traineeship provides entry level administration related positions to complete a certificate III qualification and provides promotion opportunities.
• Study Sponsorship provides financial support towards the completion of post graduate studies.
Anecdotal evidence collected through participant testimonials and feedback indicate these programs are well received by our people.
McInnes Wilson Lawyers sets the conditions for every employee to have a healthy, mutually supportive work life balance. MCW has introduced flexible work to give our employees meaningful control over when, where, and how work is accomplished. The firm recognises that being an employer of choice requires a culture where working flexibly is business as usual. This initiative has increased the uptake of and support for flexible work arrangements through home-based work agreements, part-time work, paid study leave and sabbatical leave.
The Insider Views Employee Engagement Survey indicates engagement levels are boosted through job satisfaction, a safe healthy work environment, diversity and inclusion. Results of the recent survey indicate of participants:
• 91% are satisfied within their role
• 82% value a healthy and safe working environment
• 86% agree the firm supports an equitable culture, allowing employees the flexibility to manage both their work and caring responsibilities
• 93% feel comfortable being myself at work
These results can be attributed to the progressive focus of the firm on developing and supporting its workforce.