HESTA is an Australian industry superannuation fund for people working in health and community services. Formed in 1987, HESTA services over 70,000 employers and over 850,000 members, approximately 80% of whom are females.
HESTA’s primary product offering is the management of each member’s superannuation and insurance, so that members adequately plan and prepare for their retirement, protect their income and their families through income protection insurance and life insurance, and improve their financial literacy.
HESTA works to not just respond to changes in their industry and members’ expectations and needs, but to take a leading role in bringing about positive changes. It’s dedicated to those working in health and community services, speak up for others, and work to create better futures for all Australians, particularly members and women.
HESTA has experienced outstanding growth over recent years, doubling the number of employees since July 2011.
The following values underpin HESTA’s culture and environment:
- Ownership: empowering each other to take ownership.
- Passion: its members’ work inspires and motivates them every day.
- Leadership: leading by example and having the courage to try new things.
- Respect: embracing difference and celebrating diversity, treating members, each other and its partners with respect, always.
- Partnerships: Working together with like-minded partners to benefit members, using its influence to ensure members’ voices are heard.
Recognising that employees are the single most important ingredient in the success of such a people-oriented business, HESTA provides a supportive workplace based on integrity, respect and fairness, as well as a healthy, safe, and secure environment for all employees at all times.